viernes, 3 de junio de 2011

Me... An Au Pair?

Hi everyone!

And welcome to my blog. Like ohter blogs this is about the Au Pair experience and how this is happening to me and anything else about me, my life or something else I feel like posting.

First I'm going to talk you about how I take the decision of becoming an Au Pair, which is why we are all here, (we are already one, or we're still in the matching process.)

It all began on January of this year, 2011, I was studying English literature but decided that it wasn't the right choice for me, so I drop it out until I could find out what I would like to study and be for the rest of my life.

Meanwhile I started to search for a job too and I thought thet being a babbysitter would be something easy to find and enjoyable (How wrong I was to think it was easy!) But in my search I found a link to the Cultural Care page in Mexico, so why not? I read all about it in the page and decided I would be going to the information meeting next Friday. By that time I was living in Mexico City with my sisters so one of them accompanied me to the meeting. At the end of the day I was really excited, it was a great opportunity that is was willing to do at any cost. The next step? Talking with my parents.

The following weekend my dad was coming over in a bussines and not so bussines trip, so I just told him that I wanted to talk with him about something important, because I really wanted to tell him all about it face to face. So we went to drink a cup of coffee and an ice cream and I told him everything about the Cultural Care program and being an Au Pair, I was relieved when he said: "Yes,let's go on monday morning to pay the inscription." So on Monday I went to pay and I was officially in the program.

Now it was the time to make my online application and learn how to drive, but that is until  the next post. I hoped you have liked this little piece of my blog and feel free to leave comments, I really want to hear about your experiences as well. See you next time & Keep smiling :)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario